Friday, November 12, 2004

all that frustrates...

What a frustrating fucking week. I have to get my damn car e-tested, and its pissing me off because I am one the few who are brave enough to swap their engine for another. So I wents to the etest website and they have a faq and in there they claim that if you have an engine swap, in order to get your car etested you have to get your car classified as a hot rod. Well the first thing that pops to mind is not every engine swap out there is going to make your car into a hot rod. Some people downgrade their engines, others put more fuel effecient engines in their cars. So what is the hot rod classification going to do to insurance pricing?? Personally the way the insurance companies are currently analy fisting me up to their elbows I'm not sure if I'll feel the difference if they stop using lube or not. The saving grace with insurance companies is that most of the people who work for them and especially the actuators don't know the first thing about cars. I called up my rep before the swap and asked what I would have to do from an insurance point of view if I wanted to do the swap and they said "ooh, umm, ya, you're getting an engine swap eh? hmm ya that sounds like its really going to hurt(you)!" all said with a very devilish laugh. They then asked me what size engine I was going to swap to, and I proudly said "2.2 litres" to which they replied "2.2 what? I have no clue what you just said, is it an eight cylinder or a six?" To which I replied " hell no, those are for guys with small dicks, it's a four cylinder!", after a long pause i got "I didn't know they made four cynlinders anymore?" What the fuck planet does this person live on??? Please take your head out of your ass and look around for once. Needless to say they really couldn't give me any solid answers except for "Well since it's not an eight cylinder it really isn't much of a performance upgrade so I can't really see it causing a difference in your insurance premium." Too bad my model car with that engine in it can smoke Mustang GTs and can give a Corvette a run for its money. But that's a story for another day.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?